Pageviews past week

Friday, August 1, 2014

Oops. I think I missed July.

It is August 1st. I'm currently standing in a long line with the sun beating down my back trying to get into the school to enroll my daughter in the public school system and into 1st grade (yes, I'm the queen at multi-tasking. Idol hands are not for me). 

I'm excited about this new venture for her and terribly sad about it too. Where has all this time gone? I barely remember that perfect baby. Barely remember her toddler days. Have I done enough with her while she is still so little and innocent and trusting and precious? She doesn't hate me yet, but I guarantee she will. My Mom and I had this discussion yesterday. I don't think you are being a good parent unless at some point your child hates you - even if only for a brief moment in time. Hoping I have a long time before she and I reach that point. We are just too similar so I know my time is coming.

Okay, well, let's update the family business. Mom had a birthday. Yippee, I guess. I am really struggling with the fact that this is the last year of my 30's. Geez.  I did have a nice weekend with some girlfriends, but as always, it was nice to return home to my family. It's just where I belong. 


Oh yeah, I also went to our sales meeting in Austin this past month, and I won a few awards to cap off the fiscal year. Funny thing is that I used to win belt buckles for showing animals, and now I have come full circle winning a ruby belt buckle with my name on it!!!

But the best news was that our son was chosen as Sports Camper of the Year at Camp Hyde! I am so proud of him. The criteria was regular attendance, positive attitude, and participation. He tells us that usually this award goes to 12 year olds, but he happened to be the star this year. He really liked his lead counselor Napoleon. He kept it fun for Beau this summer. It was never hard to get him up and going each morning.   Here he is below with his "award" and his camp hat. 

Beau also lost one of his molar teeth. The tooth fairy didn't come and nothing was said about it. Seriously? Have we grown out of the tooth fairy already? 


Also, Brian and I got a raise today. Not only is baby girl now a student at Maize Elementary (no, we did not get our school of choice, but I am trying to deal), but I wrote my last tuition/child care check for well, at least 9  months.  That is an amazing feeling. Yeah, I'll have a small latchkey fee to pay, but that is nothing like what we've paid for the last 11 years!!! Yippee!!!!

So we've turned the corner on 2014. Birthday boy is ready for next week along with his football practice starting.  Then school starts the week after.  August will be busy!! Bring it on! 

No comments: