Pageviews past week

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

First Day of School

So kiddo's, years from now when you read this, please know that today was not an easy day for your Momma.  I worried - A LOT - about you today.  I prayed. Your Dad and I prayed together. We wanted you to have a great day.  We wanted you to have the confidence that we know you possess to speak clearly, open locks, meet new friends, get on the right bus, and overcome any potential embarrassment when you got lost. But most importantly, I wanted you to have hope for a great new school year.  I worried and prayed all day.  I wished this whole day away. Thank goodness I had a lot of work to do - it helped the day go by faster!

And then....you came home.  You came home with smiles on your faces.  A pep in your step.  Beau said, "Well, that wasn't so bad."  And Bren said, "It was the MOST AWESOME DAY EVER!"

So Mom took a deep breath for the first time today.

And I listened.  I listened to every story you wanted to tell me, and thankfully, both of you wanted to tell your stories.  Thank you for that.  I might have been a little crushed had you came home and gave me nothing.

I cried a lot today, and tonight I am still crying, but it's just tears of relief that we made it through the first day.  Now....here's to the hope of a great new school year my sweet kids. Be the kind friends I know you to be.  Don't be afraid to ask questions. Laugh at yourself. Make new friends.  Learn more and learn new.  Soak it all in.

Here's to making good choices.........






That's Beau getting on the bus. I had to be quick. Obviously I was not quick enough.

Sis waiting on the bus outside of North Ridge.




Walking on looking for her seat.  

Terrible picture, but here she is in her seat with her two BFF's, Emma (goes to a different school but same bus), and Tinley (in her class also).

There she goes!!!





No comments: