It has been hard to process all of this devastation from the tornado's in Oklahoma recently. It makes me sad for so many families in my home state. It has had me worried for my family's safety. It has made me think, "what would we do if one of those displaced families was us?" Could I be that strong? Then I think, "what if I had been in my car stuck in the middle of those storms?" Would I have known what to do?
It definitely has struck close to home, knowing many people who lost barns and animals, even as recently as last night. I have had so many accounts that have stepped up to help displaced animals, or families. Even my company has stepped in and donated boots, clothes, socks, and money. It is great to be a part of a giving organization.
Still, though, I wish I could do more. Today as Beau was complaining about spending time with us running errands, we had a gentle talk with him that we are very fortunate to be together, with a roof over our head, and knowing tonight where we are going to lay our heads - in the comfort of our very own bed.
Anyway. We continue to pray for the great state of Oklahoma. #healOK #oklahomastrong
No comments:
Post a Comment