So allow me to start my week on Saturday, February 26th. Potty training boot camp (PTBC) began at the Grant house. I was determined this time. Heartbroken and embarrassed by the fact that ALL of Brenley's 3 year old friends were moving on Monday from the "potty training" room to the big kid room - the one full of field trips, new toys, paints, and cooler books. It seriously hurt my heart, and it was up to me not to be fooled by my clever little child anymore.
The night before PTBC, we hit Target for a poster board, stickers, treats/presents and new undies. She got to help pick ALL of it out. And even I was okay with the Diego boys briefs she picked out because at this point, I was for whatever worked. Plus her little booty fills out boys briefs quite cutely.
Saturday morning came and we promptly got into big girl panties. We ate breakfast and drank our milk and I urged her to go sit on the potty. So sit on the potty we did......for 3 HOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And no, not once did she even leak out ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!! It was the LONGEST morning of my life. By 11:30, I was fit to be tied. So we got up from the potty (me from the very hard bathroom floor), we gathered our books, and markers, and everything else we collected in the bathroom the past 3 hours, and we went about our day. 5 minutes later (maybe?) she peed ALL OVER our brown recliner. And she SOAKED it. I was crushed.
I'll spare you all the gory details of our day, but let's just say, she finished "marking" her territory in our living room that afternoon. She peed all over herself and never ONCE was any time in the "big girl" potty.
I will say it was one of the most emotional days I have had in a very long time. From tears and utter frustration, to a series of jumping, shouts and joys when it finally "worked" - and sometimes this would come within minutes of each other.
Breakthrough's finally started happening around 3:00 that afternoon. We skipped Beau's basketball game. We skipped any usual Saturday errands. We were staying put in our pee stenched house until she started to get this.......and slowly she started to get this.
The evening rolled around and both Brian, Beau and I had a previous engagements, so Brian's parents came over to watch lil' B while we went our separate ways. Returning home a few hours later, I wasn't sure what to expect, but low and behold, she showed off for G&G and went potty in the big girl potty WITHOUT soaking her panties first, which is about all we got earlier in the day. I considered the day a success.
Sunday rolled around and it was a little more of the same. I refused to get out her out of the house because there were no more pull-up's going on her. Finally by Sunday afternoon, we were starting to have some success where she would actually stay dry, and then potty in the big girl potty when prompted to try. I will say, though, at this point my back was killing me as our bathroom floor and my behind became best buds over that weekend.
Monday came and I was sad for her. Sad that all her buddies would not be there at school waiting to play with her. But her panty clad booty marched into Northridge Monday morning and she proudly told Ms. Toni she potties on the big girl potty. So here we go.......
Every day when we picked her up this week, we were elated to see her in the same pants she went to school in that morning. Our big girl was getting the hang of this........finally.
On Tuesday, I discovered that my first administrative assistant that I had when I first started working at ole' Shep passed away from her brave fight with breast cancer. I have never met someone more positive and strong than SB.
On Wednesday, Beau lost ANOTHER bottom tooth. That was the second one in the past week. He looks toothless on that bottom row and the tooth fairy again was very generous with this handsome little boy.
On Thursday, we anxiously awaited the arrival of our two new nephews, and on March 3rd mid morning, Tyler Thomas and Brandon Martin joined the world. My SIL is one strong woman carrying almost 13 pounds of baby that were each 20 inches long. We couldn't wait to meet these two blessed boys.
Friday brought the funeral for SB. Talk about the Circle of Life. Pastor described SB as "living life in full throttle" and that certainly was the case.
And finally Saturday brought us to Beau's last regular season basketball game at the YMCA. He is such a little rockstar. He did so good this season and we were so proud of him. I LOVED watching him play. All the boys on the team were a joy to watch. Sweet faced boys with killer instinct.
After Beau's last game, we headed to a Mexican restaurant to celebrate with an end of the year party. They got their medals and trophies and Coach re-told a story of a great sportsman on the team.......his name was Beau Grant. Awww..........big feet and a tender heart.......that's our Beau. Note the missing teeth in this first picture.
After our bellies were stuffed, we headed to batting practice. Then after batting practice we headed to Wesley hospital where baby T ended up on Friday. He had some problems breathing and they decided his best level of care was Wichita. After discovering he had a collapsed lung, they got him the help he needed and Saturday morning, "he was a new man."
So with L being released out of the McPherson hospital, the hubby, her and Baby B headed down to Wichita, which allowed us the pleasure of meeting at least Baby B. He is awesome. So much black hair. Sweet baby boy. Now we await meeting Baby T and getting to snuggle him a bit. In due time, though.
This is baby T. His Daddy snapped this picture for us while he was still in McPherson.
Now back to Princess B. Thursday night, Mama had to take Beau and her to Beau's B-ball practice because Daddy went to McPherson to meet his new nephews and visit his Sis and BIL. I was nervous because this would be our first dissension on the public restroom. She rocked it. No wet panties and no stage fright. I breathed a sigh of relief.
Saturday we were literally on the go almost the entire afternoon. Princess B told me when she had to potty. We made it to the restroom and she pottied.....just like a big girl should. The pride oozed out of me.
Now I realize we are not 100% out of the woods. I failed to mention the "poop" incident earlier this week. Let's just say, "poop water" is now a funny phrase in our house. And speaking of poop........we haven't see any come out of her since our earlier incidence this week.......so time will tell on the ole #2. But look at her Potty sticker chart........she and I are both proud of this!
See, I told you this was quite a week. And on Sunday.........we played games and rested (and hopefully pooped)!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment