Pageviews past week

Sunday, April 27, 2008

The Party is Over

Well, the time has finally come. I go back to work tomorrow. My time with my newborn at home - kissing, loving, holding, and playing - is over, at least during the week. This has been one of the most wonderful times of my life - equal to being at home with Beau, of course. But a giant shove back to reality is required.

Funny, I thought I would spend this time at home not only gazing at my newborn, but losing all this baby weight (and then some), getting a nice faux tan out of a bottle, trying to whiten my teeth, cooking healthy (and quickly), becoming a better partner in my marriage, teaching my 4 year old manners - you know - all the self improvements that I learned about while watching Rachel Ray, Dr. Phil and Oprah. ha ha. But sadly, the only thing I did besides gaze at my newborn was get addicted to FOUR Soap Operas!!

But seriously, in some ways it feels like I have been home forever, and then in other ways, it feels like we just brought her home. I've watched one season end and another begin. I started the maternity leave wearing sweaters and slippers and drinking coffee to stay warm. And I ended this maternity leave literally sweating one day in the house because it had got so warm, and I refused to turn on the AC. I got to see the grass green up, the flowers bloom, and the sun shine into the house. That was a wonderful way to start this year with Brenley May.

The maternity leave did also bring some wonderful visits from friends I haven't seen in a long time. I got to see my friends Heather from Topeka, Heather and her son Tyler from California, and my friend Stephanie and her son Talon from Stillwater came to visit on Friday. All of these friends I haven't seen for way too long, and we never once skipped a beat when we got together. That is what good friends are all about and I am so glad they got to meet Brenley.

I've said it before. We are very blessed to have an amazing and smart little boy and now a beautiful, healthy baby girl. I am thankful for this time at home. It makes me appreciate both stay at home working mothers and out of the home working mothers even more - because both jobs are very tough.

And our family ended this weekend with the annual March of Dimes March for Babies Walk that is very near and dear to our hearts. We have walked in this every year since Beau was born prematurely in 2003. This year we got to take Miss Brenley with us to make it even more special. As a family, we raised $450 to help March of Dimes in their research to prevent prematurity. Thank you to all our friends and family that donated money.

I promise I won't have any more "journal" entries in our family blog, but just little snippets of funny and new moments in the lives of Brenley and Beau - the loves of our lives.

No comments: