Pageviews past week

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Snow Daze....

So here we are.....Day 4 of no school.  Another official "snow day."

Last Wednesday both kids got let out of school early for snow. Mom was stuck in SW Oklahoma where ironically there was no snow.  I drove home Thursday to my hubby and kids who were on their first snow day, and when I reached Wichita, it was like driving into a snow globe. Craziness. SO.MUCH.SNOW.

But a Mom on a mission? Don't get in her way.  I got home. Of course I did.  Got home to fix my family a nice meal, make snow ice cream, and bask in the warmth of our home with my family.
Random picture, but I love it.  New canvas prints in our dining room.  LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!

Friday turned into another snow day, but to the point weather wise Friday night where we could get out and grab food at the deli for dinner. Cabin fever? Check.
Bren giving her Dad some much needed chapstick


Saturday we went to Halsted, Kansas for our last MAYB basketball tourney of the season.  Boys played well, and on Sunday after two more games, they ended up taking second in their bracket.  Should have won. Oh well. I'm sure everyone says that.
Warming Up

Second place finish

Luckily I had managed to hit the grocery store before Sunday's basketball games, because the Blizzard of Oz was expected to hit Sunday night.  It didn't, but of course Sunday night they announced "no school" on the off chance it was going to hit.  Instead it snowed in the afternoon, and then really came down hard Monday night while we slept. So of course at 5:40AM this morning, both my phone and house phone went off with the messages of "No School" on Tuesday.
Playing Bakery to pass the time

If you all know me at all.....I am a creature of routine and schedule. I like it. Keeps the world going round.  While I've done just fine here at home with my sweet kids who literally entertain themselves, I'm ready to get back in the groove of things. I have a hard enough time in the summers with the freedom of no schedule, let alone when I can't get out of the house. And literally, we are stuck here because Brian drove my car to work (AWD), and I don't like driving his truck on a sunny day let alone on a snow day - not that I would go any where anyway, it's just that thing that sits in the back of your head.
I think she is tired of me snapping pic's at her

And for heaven sake, I work out of the home most days, although, this would have been the week where I wrapped up the long overnight travel - at least for the next few months. But alas, that too will get rescheduled.  But even when I work out of the home, I usually make a Diet Dr. Pepper run to Sonic just to see the sunshine.  (Sigh) But not yesterday or today - drinking soda out of a can. Hrrmmmpph.

So I'll get the crock pot fired back up, and we'll at least enjoy the sunshine streaming through the windows, glinting off the beautiful white snow.  It certainly has been a beautiful sight, and we definitely needed the glorious moisture this storm has brought.  AND, I've got to be with my kids, who make me laugh and pull my hair out - all at the same time.  Precious kids who really could not have been any better through all of this.




This is the day that the Lord hath made; let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24






No comments: