Pageviews past week

Sunday, August 21, 2011

My Heather girlfriends in Topeka

I have two very dear friends named Heather, and I got to see both of them today in Topeka!

Bren and I headed up to Topeka bright and early this morning so we could witness my former roommate's children get baptized.  Heather now lives in Seattle with her husband, but after recently having her second child, and her Mom falling ill, she has been back in Topeka visiting her family for the past month. So before she left, she had both her son who is 5 and her new daughter who is 7 weeks old baptized in their family church.  It was an intimate ceremony in a beautiful catholic church and I was honored to be able to witness it.

Then we headed to a lake house shelter to celebrate the baptism and her Mom's 60th birthday. It was great to catch up with her and her family. They kind of looked after me those first few years of fully living and being on my own after college, and I'll forever be grateful for my friendship with Heather and her family.

Here we are...me, Heather, her son Tyler and Brenley. Baby Ella was sleeping.

Then Bren and I headed to meet my other wonderful friend Heather for ice cream.  I met Heather while working at Payless also.  We have maintained our friendship since me moving to Wichita, and again, I am ever so grateful. She is such a wonderful friend to me.  Heather's two daughters came also. They are just beautiful and I enjoy seeing how much they grow and mature each time I see them.

So while it was a short visit with a lot of car time,  it is always so great to spend time with such special friends and was a terrific way to spend the day.  Besides,  I've got the best car traveler there is.  I can't imagine road trips without my precious cargo.

No comments: