Pageviews past week

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Start to Summer

Well, it seems like we haven't done much of anything, but then again, not sure where the time is going!  But to regress just a tiny bit....this is what Beau looked like at the end of his second grade year. My handsome big boy!  I hope you have a great summer!


Speaking of summer, Beau is still playing ball. We have a tournament this next week (Father's Day weekend) and have four more regular season games. So between that and practice, he and his Dad stay busy.

Both kids started swim lessons.  Beau still quite hasn't learned everything he needs, but he really has come a long way. I hope he gets something from his lessons. And Sis. Well, Sis really likes the water and can rock her Hello Kitty swimsuit!

Both kids are enjoying their fun days at Northridge.  Bren comes home with her toenails and fingernails painted a new color every day. And it is really good!  I'm secretly a little jealous of her daily manicures!

The ice cream truck came to visit last Wednesday and Brian asked Beau if he was going to get an ice cream sandwich and Brenley said, "Ice Cream Sandwich?  What?  You don't put ice cream in a sandwich! That's silly!" All said with a furrowed brow (gotta get a picture of that someday!).

We also just had a garage sale this past weekend. We finally sold furniture that we have had since our single days!  Crazy, I know. But someone just couldn't let go of his beloved long brown couch and not sure why I held onto to certain things either! Memories, I guess. But after 10 years.....it's probably time to say goodbye.

We sold a lot of big stuff. It was awesome. Such a great sale on Friday, there was no need for me to be open on Saturday! Even better!  And funny story here is that I kept asking Beau if he wanted to sell some of his toys and that if he did, he could keep the money for them. He kept saying no, he didn't have anything. But low and behold Friday morning before leaving for NRA, when he saw everything out on tables.....he said "Mom, can I go in and get some old toys?"   I was like, "sure, and here are the price stickers to tag them with."  I got busy with something else and when I turned around he said, "Mom, here you go." And I look down to find a Nerf football for $20 ("It lights up", he says, "it's worth more"). Then another little ball was $10.  And well, you get the idea.  So he left and I re-priced them. He was excited that I sold everything, but disappointed when I told him he only made $10. "But Mom, what happened to the $20 football?" Guess we have some lessons to teach in value and how much things cost. ha ha  Sweet boy, though. Just trying to earn a dollar!

So there ya have it.  Quick rundown of our summer so far.  We were putting everything on the calendar yesterday and there are few open weekends now through school starting in August.  Hopefully a camera will be by my side to capture each precious minute!

1 comment:

Jess said...

The twins and Kacyn have that Hello Kitty swimsuit too! I saw them in it this weekend for the first time and it is so adorable! Brenley looks so cute in it!