Pageviews past week

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year - 2011

I went back and read my New Year post from last year and I could probably just do a "copy/paste" function and call it a day.  But alas, being that reflective person that needs closure.......I'll type a few words to sum up 2010 and start 2011 off with a bang.

We've enjoyed a lazy week at home with warm (60 degree) weather one day and freezing cold (20 degree wind chill) the very NEXT day. Crazy weather!  I got sick this past week with what I can only guess was the flu. Didn't knock me over for days, but definitely one solid evening and into the next day.  Still lingering even a bit today, but I'm hanging tough.  I'm such a planner and scheduler, that I am convinced when I get sick, it is God's way of making me lay down and just chill - otherwise, I'm just not very good at it.

So while I was off work, I still had about 2 days of work ahead of me here at home. I just buttoned that up and am going to enjoy the rest of the afternoon before Monday madness begins.  My two lucky boys still have one more day off tomorrow.  Beau is going to latchkey at Northridge to show off his new DS games and his IPOD shuffle, but he'll have a happy free day before going back to start his 2nd semester at Maize South Elementary, 2nd grade!! Brian is going to hang out here and do a few odds and ends (that I come up with for him - ha ha!) before returning to work on Tuesday.

Brenley and I are going to jump back into our routine in the morning and jump back in we will do.  I've got a big meeting this week, basketball practice starts for Beau again (two times a week), I travel the following week......not to mention we have 5 family birthday's in January and I am helping plan my sister in law's baby shower in McPherson on January 22nd.  THEN- Brenley's 3rd birthday is on February 6th, with another work trip about a week after that and maybe, just maybe after mid February, I can take a deep breath.

Ah well....2010 went by in a whirl, I guess I didn't expect 2011 to be any different.  I do hope 2011 brings a little girl that wants to wear big girl panties (yep, that would be Brenley), a little boy that has a desire to ride a bike (yep, that would be Beau), a Mom that learns to keep work at work, lives in the moment a bit more instead of living off a list, and learns that you don't need to feel guilty when you decide to take some time for yourself (yep, that would be me). 

And for my blessings........I continue to be eternally grateful for my loving and supporting husband.  And my two kids are out of this world incredible.  They are the funniest, smartest, most beautiful children in the whole world.  I just cannot get enough of them.  And while I don't always like my work, I'm fortunate I have a job and that helps me put food on the table and roof over our heads.......and it allows me to indulge in retail therapy once in awhile (not even gonna try to lie on that one).

I hope that my family and friends that I love dearly continues to remain healthy and happy and prosperous for 2011. Speaking of prosperous, I pray extra for all my loved ones expecting new arrivals this year.  Laurie (2 babies this spring!); Brooke (little  boy in April); Heather (due date in July), and for any other loved one that will announce such good fortune.  And for my friend Kelly who starts her new job tomorrow - I wish you a year of success! 

We are looking forward to another great year.  May you be blessed with peace, love and joy in 2011!

No comments: