Pageviews past week

Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter in Oklahoma

Nostalgia. Glorious weather. Chocolate on our face. Lots of laughs. Family. Jesus Christ our Savior.

We had a beautiful Easter weekend in Oklahoma. Besides the weather, it was great being together as always. The kids get bigger every time we see them. More grown up, or talking more clear, or just funnier.

Saturday we all pulled into town in the afternoon. We got down to business with an Easter egg hunt.  We had two heats. One for the small kids.........one for the big kids.  Our oldest "kid" bowed out.  Too cool, I guess. Look how beautiful she is, though. We all love that first granddaughter and niece, and remember the day like it was yesterday when we ALL followed her around while she hunted for eggs.
Here is a picture of Carter and Brenley hunting eggs.  Carter had more help than he needed, and Brenley was off to the races!
Then it was the "big kids" turn to hunt eggs.......

Here is the group counting their "loot."

And then afterward, we came inside for a yummy supper, and then Lori and myself drove Makayla out to meet up with a guy friend of hers. She was introduced to this boy through her Me Ma. They are the same age, and his parents and grandparents and aunts and uncles are old and dear friends of our family.  In fact, I drove out there to see my dear friend Shellie, who I haven't seen in 16 or 17 years, maybe?!?  It was wonderful to see her, meet her husband and their one year old daughter.  And then I got to see their little brother Justin, who is not so little anymore. I mean...I used to babysit these too.........talk about feeling old!  But it was really wonderful to see the faces of such a wonderful family and dear friends.  I loved it.

Meanwhile, back at the "ranch," the crew went to see Uncle Robert, they rode the lawnmower, they hopped in the back of a pick up truck and rode around town............all the fun stuff you get to do in a small town.

Finally, after playing outside until it was pitch black, we went inside and watched Blind Side.  What a great day and night to be together.

Sunday morning brought out our Easter best and we headed to church. More nostalgia as we walked around downstairs of the church where I spent so much time going to Sunday school and teaching Sunday school. Then back upstairs the "little" boys that I used to teach in Sunday school are now grown men, serving as Deacons in the church. The Elders are now their fathers.  It was cool.

The kids were AH-Mazing at church, all things considered. Cassidy and Alyson were asked to light candles. Blake was mad he didn't get to have a snack (aka. communion). Brenley zonked out in Grandma's arms. And Beau played tic-tac-toe with Alyson.  Lovely memories of a lovely day.

Back to Me Ma's house for another yummy lunch and then we hit the road.  Just a fantastic Easter weekend!

No comments: