Pageviews past week

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Few more things about Bren...

How could I forget that my "baby" girl LOVES her new potty. She would prefer to run around in her diaper......especially her new Dora pull-ups (which she picked out, mind you!).  It's impossible to get her clothes back on her when she wants to "use" the potty.

"Use" means sitting on it with her diaper on.......typically reading a book. This first pic is when we just got the potty out of the box. Her books immediately came out (where did she learn that from, Dad?). This second picture is from our snow day on Monday. Once she had her clothes off, there was no going back.

I'm worried this is a sign of something yet to come?!?!?
Okay, and then a few more points about her birthday. First of all, she got both of these pieces for her birthday and she wore them to school today to pass out her birthday treats and juice.  KA-UTE!

Secondly, I love books - always have.. Brenley seems to love books (especially Sponge Bob, but that's another story). And she got the cutest little girl loves shoes book from her Grandma, her Me Ma and Pa Pa got her several of those Golden Books (which were a favorite of our household growing up), her Pa Pa gave her the book, "Pigeon Wants a Puppy" and wrote a special note inside of it (Pa Pa raises show pigeons for those of you that didn't konw that fact), and my nephew Dylan made her the sweetest birthday note at school. He did it in stencils and spelled out Happy Birthday Branley (pretty good spelling of the name considering Mom wasn't around to help him!) and then it said 1+1 = 2.  I don't know, but I just thought that was the sweetest thing for him to do. And according to his Mom's note, he insisted she mail it.  It's those innocent thoughtless little things that people do that become the most thought-full and meaningful parts of our memories.

And now because of this blog......it's a forever memory. Just like the first time my daughter sat on the potty........burned in my memory forever!  She will hate this when she is 16, I am assured!

No comments: