Pageviews past week

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year!





Well, we certainly aren't the most exciting family in town, but we have enjoyed hanging out with each other, playing with toys and laughing at how funny our kids can be.  It has been a wonderful few days and we love that it is still only Saturday!  Above you see Brenley enjoying books in her new chair, followed by her wearing her brother's flag football jersey with sunglasses - just like the fooo-ball players do.  (that is how Brenley says football).

Beau is already dreading Monday - even though he still doesn't have to go to school!! But he knows that Mom and Dad go back to work, he has to go to Latchkey at Northridge, and the inevitable "back to first grade" looms large on Tuesday.  He has already shed a few tears over the fact.  Can't say that I blame him. I remember what it was like going back to school after Christmas vacation. But soon enough we will fall back into our familiar patterns - or at least be shoved back into our familiar patterns. Beau already has basketball practice with his new team Monday night. Brian leaves for Nebraska (work trip) on Tuesday and he won't be home until Friday.  We head to Oklahoma next weekend for a little time away and to celebrate my nephew's 1st birthday. Then I take off for Denver the following week - leaving Wednesday and not returning until late Saturday night.  Good grief!

So we try to live in the moment for now. I've really enjoyed my time home this past week. I have sold stuff on ebay, craigslist and really filled up our dumpster!  I'm organized and prioritized as we head into 2010. And anyone that knows me, knows that I love to be organized!  So I like how this year is starting out!  Plus I made some spending money to boot!  Whooo Hooo!!

But more importantly, I am blessed with a healthy, happy, and loving family.  My extended family I never think I get to see as much as I want, but I enjoy any time I get with them. My two kiddo's and husband - I feel the same way. Seems like there is never enough time in the day....but I do manage to get lots of hugs and kisses in whenever I can steal the chance, and I look forward to the day when my 6 year old doesn't immediately wipe them off! ha ha

We are both blessed to have jobs and a roof over our head. We know not everyone in Wichita is that fortunate this year. So we are trying not to take anything for granted.   And most importantly, we are thankful for each day we have with each other. Happy New Year and may God Bless You as you enter this new decade.

No comments: