Well, no pictures to post from this week, mostly because Mom forgot the camera for our Saturday visit to the State Fair. Ah well. It was fun. Both kids enjoyed it, and thankfully Brenlita never made an appearance and she actually stayed in her stroller.
But I will brag a bit on our son. We had his first parent teacher conference Wednesday evening - a month into the school year. I was ready to pounce on the puny stuff they have been giving my son to work on at night. It's ridiculous. But they started off with how great his behavior was, and how kind he is, and his great manners..........so I warmed up a bit. Then they told us what he scored on their assessment tests.....and I warmed up some more. And basically they told us that he reads like a second grader, and he will be put in a "level" that gives him more access to library books and pushes him to read more and harder books. And his math, and spelling, etc. they said they will look for more ways to challenge him, because he is well ahead of some of the other kids. Whoo Hoo.....that's my boy! :) Seriously, though, it's from his all day private school Kindergarten. I wouldn't have done it any other way. It started him off on the right foot, that is for sure.
Tonight, we were reading a level 2 reader book, and he was rockin' it! He knew words I just new he wouldn't know or even recognize, but he got it. I think I was smiling the whole time he read it to me. Our hearts are filled with pride over how smart and kind he is. He is so special.
This week, he is Star of the Week in his room. So he'll be taking lots of stuff to school to tell the class about himself. Oh to be a fly on the wall to hear those stories!!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment