We've been anxious all week, waiting for those "gotta have 'em before we start kindergarten shots." I lied through my teeth just trying to get Beau to the doctor. I had bribes in my bag, I told him we would eat Sonic for lunch AND have a Dr. Pepper, and I told him they were soft shots (pulled that one out of the air).....I basically did whatever I could just to get him to the event. And low and behold........he got all of them that he needed last year!
"No shots, Mommy. I don't need any shots" as he shakes his hands in the air back and forth. "No shots for me!" All that anxiety for nothing! Whew! Crisis averted. Bribes back in the bag.
Brenley did get her 6 month shots so we are set on both of them until flu season.
The kids are getting big. Brenley is 16 pounds - right at the average for her age. And our preemie Beau, barely on the charts through age 2 is now in the 75th percentile for weight and 90th in height. Doc said he was tall and skinny. We would agree.
Tomorrow is Beau's last day with his K4 (pre-school)teacher. Tonight was Meet the Teacher night. He is sooo excited about Kindergarten and the "bug lady" which his teacher is known as. Should be a fun year! He already informed me I don't have to sound out sight words. And I get schooled on "blends" at least once a week. How in the heck does his know this stuff already! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment