I celebrated my birthday on Friday. It was a great day all around. I was fortunate enough to be showered by birthday cards, treats, and flowers - and lots of love from my family. A girl can't ask for more than that! My parents were able to come up for the evening, as well as my brother and his family happened to be driving through town on the way home from their Colorado vacation. So we went out to dinner and enjoyed each other's company. It really was a very nice birthday.
But now we are gearing up for Beau's 5th birthday which is right around the corner! The invitations are out for a bowling BD party with family and friends in two weeks. He is very excited. Transformers are our theme - let's hope that just sticks for two more weeks! He likes a LOT of different things. But he is super excited and was ready for Mom's BD to be over with because he knew his was next. Crazy to think that 5 years ago on my birthday I was put on bed rest and in not even two weeks later, I had the sweetest, most handsome little boy join our lives.
We got both Beau and Brenley's picture taken this weekend. When I was changing the pictures on the wall, I got to reflect how much he has changed. Even from last year to this year, he has filled out so much. His questions are still non-stop. He is always learning. And to let you know how sweet he is........we got balloons yesterday at the restaurant where we ate lunch. He wanted to let his go, so we got outside, and he began praying to God. "Dear God, please accept this pretty balloon into the sky and enjoy the pink color as it is my Mommy's favorite color and it is to celebrate her birthday. We love you, Amen." Ahhhh...........
Brenley got her first tooth on July 19th. She started working on it a few days before, but it finally came through on that Saturday. She doesn't roll over yet, or sit up unassisted, but she has her first tooth! It's unreal. I want this "baby time" to slow down. It's going too fast.
We are headed on our family "vacation" next Thursday evening. Headed to Texas for a few days of family fun. Beau cannot wait for vacation, hotels, and a baseball game. I just hope Brian and I are as ready as he is! I'm sure I'll have lots to talk about in my next entry!
No comments:
Post a Comment